NIFT Entrance Exam 2024
NIFT 2024 REGISTRATION
05.12.2023 to 03.01.2024
Admit Card – online only
3rd week of Jan
Written Entrance Examination for all UG & PG Programmes
Computer Based Test (CBT) for all UG & PG Exams
5th Feb, 2024
Computer Based Test (CBT) for all UG & PG Exams Results
|End of March 2024
Situation Test / Group Discussion / Interview
Declaration of Final Result (Online)
NIFT Entrance Exam Syllabus
General Ability Test (GAT)
- Quantitative Ability: NIFT Entrance Exam contains maths and this sub-test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The sub test consists of questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability: NIFT Entrance Exam test english grammer and this sub-test is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, etc.
- English Comprehension: NIFT Entrance Exam test your comprehending ability and this sub-test is to test one’s ability to comprehend a situation from a given passage.
- Analytical Ability: NIFT Entrance Exam test is designed to test the candidate’s inference and logic from the given information.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
Creative Ability Test (CAT)
NIFT Entrance Exam test is administered to judge the intuition skill, power of observation, innovation in development of a concept and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of this Exam is to examine students creative skills, use of innovative medium, use of colour and illustration skills.
Managerial Ability Test (MAT)
NIFT Entrance Exam for Management is a test to judge the managerial effectiveness. This test comprises of various sub-tests as given below:
- Case Study
- Logical Ability
- Case Study: This sub-test is based on a situation of an industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability.
- Logical Ability: This sub-test is aimed to evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify the logic or reason involved in a particular problem given and applying the logic in solving the problem. Concepts and practice of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful. Short listed candidates from the written entrance examination are required to undergo situation test/Group Discussion (GD) / Interview as applicable.
Shortlisted candidates from the written entrance examination are required to undergo a Situation Test which is a hands-on test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability on a given situation with a given set of materials.
Case Study based Group Discussions would comprise of approximately 15 to 20 minutes of discussion on a case study assigned on which a panel of experts will assess the candidates on the following parameters:
- Conceptual clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- Contribution made to the topic
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
A candidate is judged on the various parameters during individual personal interview by a panel, as listed below:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the field
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.